Information for membersLMC is a club of individuals with a shared interest. There is an annual programme of events which is organised by the committee. Members are encouraged to plan and share their own events and play an active role in promoting the club through relevant meets and socials.
The LMC committee run the club on behalf of the members.
The club committee is elected on an annual basis at the AGM
and between the committee members, oversee the management of
- Secretary: Helen Robertson
- Treasurer: Ian Purves
- Social Secretary: Brian McCarthy
- Committee Member: Yamna Satgunasingum
The committee members divide the roles between them, including:
- Membership & Membership fees
- BMC affilitation
- Website & Social Media
- Annual Meet programme
- Meet fees
- Hut fees & expenditure
- Annual accounts
- Local Meets
If you would like a copy of the constitution, contact the secretary
LMC are affiliated to The BMC. The benefits of the club
affiliating to The BMC are:
- Civil Liability Insurance cover for the club and its members
- Access to accommodation owned by other affiliated clubs
- BMC Membership upgrade to Individual membership for all LMC members
- Contribution to the access, conservation and mountain safety work done by the BMC
- Upgrade to full BMC membership
BMC Participation Statement:
The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering
are activities with a danger of personal injury or death.
Participants in these activities should be aware of and
accept these risks and be responsible for their own
actions and involvement.
Members and guests of Loughton Mountaineering Club accept
these risks and participate in these activities voluntarily
and are responsible for their own actions and involvement.
We have a club account with Cotswold Outdoor, which gives
approximately 15% discount on items. Contact the secretary
for the account number.
The AGM is held each January. The date, location and papers for the next AGM will be shared via the club email list